Thursday, July 16, 2026

MAKING MORE YARN

Another bobbin of the Superwash Merino finely spun wool.
And now there are two skeins with about 225 yards in each.  I've ordered some more of the Stroll Bare Roving so I can dye some in a solid color to match these skeins.
Oh, and look at the beautiful new orchid blooming; 
 this orchid sits on my bedroom window sill
 so it brings a smile each time I see it!  
 

6 comments:

  1. Both the orchid and the yarn are beautiful. Great job on the spinning of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen an orchid that wasn't simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're fast! I've got some of that Bare roving also but I can never decide on what colors to dye it. I either end up with clown or unicorn barf. Restraint is not my strong point when it comes to dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your orchid is lovely, and so it all that yarn!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful orchid! I've never tried to grow orchids...I'm afraid I'd probably kill it with too much water. I love the colors of that yarn! I wonder what you will create with it! So pretty!!! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY----FULL CIRCLE!

My niece had given me several pieces of Birch from her yard when I was in NY back in April but since they were a bit too heavy and numerous ...