Sunday, July 12, 2026

THE POINT OF ALL THAT SPINNING

I plied the two singles into yarn and then I prepared the roving to spin the next two singles.  The fluffier roving on the left is the same length/weight as the one on  the right but I have stretched or attenuated the roving which opens up the fibers after being compacted by dyeing and drying.  I love how it makes the fibers light and airy and it calls me to be spun!
Here is a close up of how the yarn looks on the bobbin right after plying the two singles together.
And here is the skein of 230 yards of 2ply yarn, 
about a DK weight of superwash Merino.
 

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! It looks so soft and bouncy. My favorite part of spinning is pre-drafting the fiber. There is something about pulling it out into airy little nests that is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am always so impressed by all that you do. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - beautiful results from your spinning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

STAGES OF THINGS

All the blocks for this quilt are made but not organized or sewn together.  The blocks are 9" unfinished so the quilt will be around 50...