Monday, July 27, 2026

TRY AGAIN

This is the shawl I started in May--it languished because I was off on the count and couldn't get it corrected.  I ripped it out and in only a week I have it completed!  The big time clicker kept me on track!  I will be blocking it today!
I also dug out this old project--and not only 4 more granny squares are all I need to get it to the finish mark!  This one languished because I had put the squares together by crocheting them like I do for afghans but it made too much bulk because cotton yarn is not soft!  I pulled out all of the rows and stitched them together with a darning needle and now the seams lie flatly.  I was going to make a cover for my laptop for when I travel.  I'm very close now!  It's nice to make some older ideas come to light!
 

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done! It's great to finish long-time or older projects, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your granny squares - I like to stitch them together as well instead of crocheting them... it's going to be really pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job in reviving this project - and getting it all done. The granny squares are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little granny squares are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Sometimes it takes a spell in timeout to let us see what needs to be done and then to have the will to do it. I've got several projects that need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful fibery things are going on there!! Love all the quilting, but the yarn is so pretty. I wish I had more desire for knitting right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNDAY

 A fancy Rose of Sharon bloom;  from my sister's front yard. Knitting, visiting and savoring going on for my last days here. Church onli...