Monday, January 28, 2008

Project Putter

Knitted this skein of tussah silk up finally, it has been spun for a year and needed a purpose! I blocked the knitted squares and serged the fabric backs to them-very little stretching actually resulted but I did have a full supply of pins to keep each layer in place.
The back is a simple overlap layout because I don't like to have the stiffness of zippers but I want to be able to remove the pillow cover for cleaning-I almost use this exclusively.


Here is an outfit I perked up for Abigail. I had asked Marsel for the jean pants a few months ago and I cut them off (the waist still fits but she had outgrown the length) and added some fabric to make a skirt; a ruffle to the t-shirt and voila!

Here is the basic block Mom and I are making-it requires 4 blocks to make the one patterned pinwheel-now that we have the pattern in our minds, the blocks go together very quickly. We are also trying something new, I read on my yahoo group for quilting on machines that some innovators are pressing their seams open for flatter quilts which are easier to quilt by machine. We are trying to do that-it takes a bit longer to press but it sure does lay nicely. Will let you know how it goes !

Here is the first photo I took of the quilt blocks-Tom likes to be first on the scene and says he hasn't been in the blog for a while and Molly got to.....the things you do for love!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful. Just when I thought you girls were sitting around reading books and eating chocolates, you proved me wrong. Way to go. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cushions look nice; no zippers sounds good to me!

    Why do cats always have to sit on things we're working on? Fortunately, our cat doesn't play with my knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you (finally) posted, because although I am happy that you got a Zen, it's not very exciting to look at for days. :-)

    The projects look great, and I recognize that feline-insolence face Thomas was giving you...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the 'jelly roll' fabric? The colors look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...