Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

We will embrace the new year with a visit to the beach today!
The temperature will be a mild 68 degrees and the sun will warm us with a gentle breeze. I would like this to be a new tradition to herald in the new year so..........



Here is a picture of
a flowering bush
(small tree?)
in the front yard
----->

I have not been able to identify
it yet...can you? There is not
a tremendous aroma from
the bloom but it is pretty. It resemble the leaves of a Ailanthus but it is not the right flower....will keep looking.

I never do New Year's resolutions...........instead I dig out unfinished projects to either bring to conclusion or to rip-out or toss! It is a great way to purge for a clear view for the coming months. Give it a try! I will be posting the FO's throughout the month and even the ones I will redirect!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Enjoy the beach for us -- we are only up to 35 degrees so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to go through the projects that have been started and never finished. I have seen the flower before but don't know what it is either. It is beautiful even without a name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the puff flower plant is Calliandra-it is a winter bloomer and a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...