Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trip to Georgia in Review!

First, I finished the socks for Marsel; against all odds.........here you can see that I had to rip out some from the first finished sock to be able to knit the second.  I did perservere and she got to wear them!
Abigail loved her flannel nightie and the one for her new doll, Samantha, too.  She was so snuggly in her nightie-Abigail, I mean!
David put on his new Gator fan socks.........I love to make things for the kids!
Their cat, Mindy, kept us entertained and on our toes........she was determined to steal my knitting at every opportunity!
Marsel and I worked on a New Year's Day mystery quilt.........getting a different clue every hour throughout the day was a ton of fun.  The guys were playing Caleb's Kinect and watching football and did want to eat occasionally but we had a wonderful time together sewing this-a new tradition is born!  (I have brought the quilt to my house to put it on the quilting frame-you will see it again soon!)
Sunday was a bit chaotic in the morning, Matthew needed to get his stitches removed-big sister to the rescue!
We did manage to get a quick shot of all of us.........since Bill and I arrived sick , then Matthew and Caleb came and got sick, too-we mostly stayed in the pj mode of dress so no one wanted to be in any photos, but just before Bruce, Marsel, David and Bill left for church and Matthew and Caleb left to go home ....we tried to capture the moment.
This is where Abigail spent most of the day.........and I with her, books and snuggles.
Monday, Bill worked on and fixed Marsel's washing machine.  He has learned a LOT about the innards of a washer!  (He was thrilled to pose for this pic-the things you have to do because your wife blogs....!)
Marsel and I did get to sew together and make her a new pair of pajamas......using a pattern that I have used to make pjs for her for years!
I cast on a pair of socks for me as I was gifted two new skeins that were just eager to hit the needles..........
And finished them on the trip home........Nyki had to rub them and get the Mindy smell off of them!

 It is good to be home because the visit was such a full and wonderful one!
Welcome to 2011; My love to you , family!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip (well, except for the stitches, sickness and washing machine repairs!)

    Love all the pictures!!! So impressed at all that you accomplished!

    Welcome home!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great chronicling of our wonderful week together!!! We did pack lots of goodness into it, didn't we?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a good time despite being sick. I love the picture of Mindy..."What.. this knitting is here for me, right?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of socking and sewing! Sorry you were sick during your trip, but at least the washer works again for Marsel. Gotta have a working washing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...