Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ocean Shore



 We took our Daytona trip today!  It was sunny and warm and just right for a walk on the beach until we got there and the clouds rolled in and the rain fell!  We did take a long drive and enjoyed seeing the waves!
 The birds were very busy but not too many people ventured out!  We filled out list at JoAnns, had a wonderful lunch at IHOP and as always had a perfect time together!
 I wore the new pair of socks to the ocean today!  KnitPicks stroll knits up beautifully!
 I put a new project on the needles today........this will be Shetlander fingerless mitts from the latest issue of Knitty.com . It was supposed to be my knitting project for the car ride today but I didin't realize I needed to print off the chart which wasn't included in the main instructions so I didin't get very far with the knitting on our trip!  I am using some fingering weight yarn from KnitPicks palette collection on #5 needles..
The second clue is done for the the mystery shawl-it is still on a short cable, which I will keep as long as I can so I don't have to pull stitches around a long one!  It measures about 24" across now without stretching.

Bill placed some cedar branches in the pool area for the cats!  They run every time I try to get a pic of them-they think they will get yelled at for climbing it! 

4 comments:

  1. Perfect blue socks for your beach trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ocean is always pretty, in all of its different moods.

    The mitts look pretty -- fun colors.

    LOVE seeing the cats on the branch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks cold at the beach, but the socks look nice and warm!

    One day, I need to do a mystery shawl - just to see what it looks like when it is done.

    What fun for the cats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid to even go look at the beach right now with all the snow and cold. Not nearly as inviting as Daytona!!

    Great knitting you've got going on. I need to unstall my knitting projects!

    Love the cats on the branches!! Looks like they love it too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...