Saturday, January 22, 2011

Top This!

 I quilted this for my neighbor-her first attempt at set in blocks.
 This is hers, too, a table runner with scraps. 
 Mom helped me load my quilt top on the frame. 
 I picked a paisley pantograph for both of our quilts. 
 We moved on to piecing some quilt tops for the QuiltsforKids charity.  I had cut out these pieces from my stash; it is nice to have fabric in a quilt instead of in a pile in the closet!
 I made this one and then had time to piece one more,
... another pink one!  We cut out the backings to match and have them all piled and waiting for this quilter to get going!
On my needles, the Shetlander pattern for fingerless gloves.  It is not a fast knit but it is turning out pretty so it's an okay knit for a change!  (I am on clue three for the mystery shawl-it is slowing down as the shawl grows but it is a good knit!)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful quilts! I love the colors of your charity projects. Those are lovely and will be greatly appreciated I bet.

    I love multi-color knitting. I really should dig mine out and get going!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is full of lovely colors! Nice to have a backlog of projects...or at least, it's nicer than the alternative of no projects at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am green with envy over your quilting machine.

    But I really like those gloves! I love the colors very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Friend you are a quilting mad woman!! WOW, really beautiful work, I can't believe how may projects your working on, blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you made all those quilts?!? And I'm still agonizing over a little 12x12.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty, they must have taken you ages to make. I've not been on here for a while but just saw the Cardinal in the palm tree - beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, beautiful!!! You are so talented - I wish I could quilt...

    Love the color combos, too. So cheerful!

    Thank you for lifting my day a bit (it's been a rough one, so I appreciate something bright and lovely)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...