I started the day with two bobbins each about 3/4 full of Rambouillet singles. It is a bit trickier to ply without treadling because you get into this counting thing to keep an even twist when you are using a spinning wheel but I think I worked out my technique on the e-spinner and it is a bit hypnotic watching the singles build up their twist and then feeding it into the orifice........
By afternoon I had one skein done and wound off onto the niddy noddy then skeined.
By early evening the second one joined its mate. The two skeins equal 481 yards of sport weight Rambouillet yarn. I soaked them and they are now hanging to dry! I think I lost a few ounces of their total weight in chaff while spinning this yarn if my lap was any indication! I hope most of it has fallen out by now so I can knit it! (This looks like it will make a good textured hat!)
During intermission, I remembered I had tried my hand at this bead weaving a long time ago and it was a disaster! I found out my mistake and thought I would try again. Like most weaving, tension can be an issue because I am drawing in on the sides but I am just going to go with it since it will be a bracelet and the selvages will not be such an issue! lol My fingers are not coordinated enough to take this on as a new hobby but it is going to be nice to have one successful project done on this loom!