Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Extreme Grandmothering

He eats, sleeps and needs diapers.  He is so sweet to snuggle and we are beginning to see a few smiles!
                                              
It's been wonderful being here and getting to know the new dynamics of this family.
Will isn't so sure about the sharing parents thing but he loves his little brother! 
During nap time I do a little knitting, after I catch up on chores, etc!
I am almost finished with the hand spun BFL sock.  I am knitting a longer leg on this one because it is going to be a pair of socks when I get chilled this winter! 
During play time, this kid is full steam ahead!  I took so many pics of him running back and forth and they are all blurry like this! 
This is the Nurmilintu shawl-it is a very good knit!
This is the youngest cat, Nemo, who is an excellent helper during knitting time in the evening...


11 comments:

  1. Will and the new baby are ADORABLE. Nemo is pretty cute too. He has white boots just like our cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is sweeter than a sleeping baby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Will is better. This is good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the "sharing the parents" is difficult for all kids at the beginning - good to have the grandparents along for a time:) and I am sure the young parents appreciate the help, too! enjoy your newest member of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your helping out has got to be a real life saver after a csection! Love seeing the kids and the cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on grandchild #8, and what a beautiful child he is. His big brother is just gorgeous -- those eyes! -- when he's still enough that you can see him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful! The newbie is the cutest little thing.
    I don't get to see my grands often so this week has at Disney has been so special. It's been hard work for sure but I am so glad I could help out so Mom and Dad could survive the week. Taking a 3 year old and a 6 month old to Disney is crazy unless you have lots of hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new grandbaby. He is adorable. May you get to spend lots of time spoiling him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Brand spanking new. so cute. I love Will's photo holding him on the couch, he looks a little shell shocked, like really? who is this guy? Which is funny because I have a similar photo of myself holding my son when he first came home. I have a few that really should be captioned, "omg this came out of me and it came home with me too." ha!

    Anyhow, it sounds like exciting times for you. The blurry photos definitely give you a sense of speed of it all. Makes me want to sack out like that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister has a new grand-daughter; older sister isn't happy about sharing her parents' attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...