Saturday, May 14, 2016

Finishing Up the Weekend


I dug through the stash to find the May color of green for the RSC2016.
These are small flying geese arranged in three 6" blocks.
I need to make 6 more for a total of 9 blocks by the end of the month.
The month looks very open in its schedule compared to the first few months of the year!


I seamed up and buttoned the first BSJ I made in Georgia.  I didn't think I had enough yarn to seam it up and sew on the buttons but I did!  Why didn't I try to finish it there?! 
I finished this on the way home but I put buttons on it today also.  Nice to add them to the done pile.
I think I will find a children's shelter to donate all the sweaters.  
I have another half finished on the needles now.  No, I am not done making these.
The turquoise one will fit a 1 year old, the yellow/green and the orange one will fit a 6 month old.
The pattern stays the same, the stitch count I mean, but the size of the yarn and needles result in the variation of the sweater sizes!  Really a genius pattern.


4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see some Georgia yarn turned into real things in Florida! :) Miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you infected me with the BSJ bug! just finished my second one, though I changed the pattern ever so slightly. the arms seem short to me with the basic pattern, so I added a few stitches/rows and finished with a few more as well. made the neck opening a bit wider - and added I-cord all around. I think the third one will be in slightly thicker yarn - baby's not there yet, but it will be soon - and growing quickly!
    happy knitting
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now then...why didn't I think to make one to donate? I have a whole box of materials I bought for one and never used including a very expensive instructional DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

La, La, La!

 Remember the pretty spinning wheel music box my sister-in-law gifted me while on my NY trip?    I took it apart to clean and oil it-ev...