Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tumbler Patches!

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom who taught me how to sew so I could teach my daughter!
In between meals, laundry and painting we cut out a huge pile of scrap tumbler blocks Saturday! 
We had fun combining different color themes and even adding the right yardage for the backing. 
We had lots of fabric to go through, starting with a bin of fabric my Mom gave Marsel from her sister who passed away.  It is nice to  put the fabric to good use, just the way my Aunt had in mind when she was buying for her stash!   
We put the rows into piles all marked for future piecing so we can remember the right order at some future date! 
All 8 piles are bagged, marked and backed!  It will be easy to grab a baggie and piece one together in an hour!  Yippee!
The room is completed as far as painting;  we will organize it and make the curtains soon!

4 comments:

  1. Cats on the quilts...that would be so similar here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it neat the way sewing is passed down from mother to daughter? It's sort of in the blood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...