Saturday, May 14, 2016

Finishing Up the Weekend


I dug through the stash to find the May color of green for the RSC2016.
These are small flying geese arranged in three 6" blocks.
I need to make 6 more for a total of 9 blocks by the end of the month.
The month looks very open in its schedule compared to the first few months of the year!


I seamed up and buttoned the first BSJ I made in Georgia.  I didn't think I had enough yarn to seam it up and sew on the buttons but I did!  Why didn't I try to finish it there?! 
I finished this on the way home but I put buttons on it today also.  Nice to add them to the done pile.
I think I will find a children's shelter to donate all the sweaters.  
I have another half finished on the needles now.  No, I am not done making these.
The turquoise one will fit a 1 year old, the yellow/green and the orange one will fit a 6 month old.
The pattern stays the same, the stitch count I mean, but the size of the yarn and needles result in the variation of the sweater sizes!  Really a genius pattern.


4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see some Georgia yarn turned into real things in Florida! :) Miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you infected me with the BSJ bug! just finished my second one, though I changed the pattern ever so slightly. the arms seem short to me with the basic pattern, so I added a few stitches/rows and finished with a few more as well. made the neck opening a bit wider - and added I-cord all around. I think the third one will be in slightly thicker yarn - baby's not there yet, but it will be soon - and growing quickly!
    happy knitting
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now then...why didn't I think to make one to donate? I have a whole box of materials I bought for one and never used including a very expensive instructional DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...