I finished the hat for this little surprise sweater for Ethan.
It looks like a jester hat!
I'm thinking it might be too big.
I tried it on my model. This doll is close to a two month old and he is now almost 5 months old so maybe it's not too big!
I wanted the hat to be in garter like the sweater but I've never made one before.
I knit fitted hats-you know, rib and stockinette stitche.
This one is cute. I will have to wait and try it on him to see what I have!
In the yard, the yucca (Spanish Sword) has bloomed!
It is an amazing jumble of blooms!
The finishing touches went on the sixth BSJ I've made these last few months. It is a smaller size and so soft! When I get the bugs worked out of a hat to match, I will be making one for each of the sweaters, too.
This is the beginning of hat designed in garter stitch. I knit a band of garter over 10 stitches and grafted the ends and picked up the 70 stitches along one edge to knit the crown of the hat. I will see if I like the fit of this one better!