One of the things about losing weight, is trying to make your old wardrobe still work.
I slit the side seams at the waist band of my jeans and cropped pants
using my pinking shears to control raveling.
I overlap the welted seam over the flat fabric until I reduce the waist to fit or to the pocket in this case.
I am putting in a kind of dart that lies flat and is comfortable.
I do not tuck in my shirts so this seam is never seen.
The inside looks like a dart-see?! It is nice to be able to have a bunch of casual pants to wear again!
I did a whole pile of things-do you do your own mending or do you toss things that no longer fit?
I hate to shop so anytime I can keep clothes I already have , it is a win for me!
I found this website, So Sew Easy, that has lots of patterns for purchase and for free. This is one of the free tops. I purchased the knit fabric at WalMart for pennies and whipped it up yesterday!
I could see the front wrap sagged a bit so I added some
elastic to the neck edge and now I don't have to worry about a 'gap'!
I downloaded a bunch of patterns (all for knits) and will get them all taped together-the only downside to downloadable patterns is the tiles (pages) of the pattern and taping them together but with great results , it will be worth it!
in honor of the sweet boy Manx belonging to my daughter!
(these are for her btw and not for the cat!)
The second duplicate stitching didn't go any easier than the first
but they look good and are such a sweet touch to the underside of the toe!
This is the Tuxie Love pattern by Wandering Cat Studio,
over 64 sts in KnitPicks Stroll yarn.
The only alteration from the instructions is the heel
where I used a short row heel.
I have another pair of these on the needles but I am knitting them toe up with a real twist on the toe construction so it will be two stranded knitting to get that paw print on there without duplicate stitching! Stay tuned!
I cut out 40 hexagons with the Accuquilt cutter and arranged them on the design wall, snapped a photo and then loaded them all up to go to quilting group!
I am having to sharpen my skills on Y seams; slower stitching but it is working out pretty well.
You can't tell n the photo but the yellow fabric is of bees and they have the blue fabric with the dandelions to fly toward!
I threw my scraps out-and when I got to quilting the 'ort' queen asked what I did with the scraps! Horrors! (She wants the bee fabric!)
She was pleased with the completed ort blocks all sewn into this little top.
At least this accomplishment helped soften the blow!
I also completed the bindings on all the little flannel quilts and they are in the donation pile.
And so is the little Sunburst Granny Square lap robe. I used up every little bit of the 4 skeins of these colors. Nice stash busting.