Saturday, June 23, 2018

Good Progress

I managed to knit just over 12 inches on the summer tank top!
Very satisfying to know where you are going while you knit! 
 The boys miss playing outside when it is so hot and steamy outside.
When we woke up at 6:30, it was only 75 so I headed out with them-slam, the humidity made it feel like 90 already.  Overwhelming!  We went on the golf cart and checked out our pond/lake!  It has grown 4-5' past its banks.  The whole area around the pond is covered with several inches of water so you slosh through the grass and hope you don't get stuck.
 The banana grove is happy....
 ...the snakes, not so much.  Bill killed this coral snake on a ride earlier this week.
Red and yellow kill a fellow........or black head, you're dead;  either rhyme sealed this guys doom.
 One of my favorite live oaks after the hurricane damage-he lost half of himself;  I sympathize.
You can see the slope of the hill-our house is at the top of the rise so I am in no danger of all the flooding in the lower part of the property.  A hundred years ago, this was the shoreline to the lake out back;  if all this rain keeps up, we will be repeating the geography!
I will stay up by the house and enjoy the impatiens.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Blogger, please fix the comment connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job knitting 12" for your top! It looks fabulous.

    Yikes seeing that snake would be enough to keep me indoors forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you got a lot done. I just saw the post where you started it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a redo that is working out best! Eek on that snake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my .... that was a fairly BIG coral snake. Glad Bill found it instead of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snake is absolutely horrible. Terrible. I can’t do snakes...

    Trying to notice the other nice stuff in this post instead! 😖

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...