Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Silky Neck

 This month's silk yarn arrived.  I love the color;  it is called morning glory!
And it includes the cutest sheep charms........
....which I immediately attached to clips for stitch markers/progress keepers!
I caked up the skein-it is called fingering weight
but it has the feel and drape of #5 crochet cotton;  
it is a fine yarn. 
But it knits right up nicely into a little shawlette.  
The pattern alternates garter with mesh to work however you want to do it; 
 I am working these two sections in ever increasing row counts
on #3 needles.
A nice diversion, as always!

12 comments:

  1. That didn't take too long to get that started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty color.

    (You could always "borrow" those stitch markers for earrings. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute markers! That is a pretty color. I can just imagine how soft it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors! The summer shawlette will be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and cute little sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty yarn, it should make a sweet scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always amazes me how the colors knit up. Im never sure HOW it will work. I love to see your start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silk yarn is just so luxurious. It's nice to work with in the summer, when wool can be a bit warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a nice portable project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new yarn is just beautiful! And the sheepies are sooo cute!! I also love the shawl you are making.. where did you get the pattern? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...