Saturday, June 9, 2018

Mermaid Sighting!

 I joined in a SAL on DaysFilledWithJoy blog and managed to finish one mermaid.
Doing embroidery (any handwork is very hard for my hands to accomplish-depth perception and slight shaking makes precise stitching a tricky and exhausting endeavor!) but I thought these five designs would make a cute quilt so I will keep working a little at a time to accomplish it!
 The next design is traced and I have started work on it!  I find the single strand DMC thread easier to work with and will fill up my palette of threads with this kind next trip to JoAnns.
 Speaking of palettes, Will was a bit antsy one rainy day this week so I took an idea from Araignee's blog and drew some squares for me to paint....
......and some for Will.  
He said he was only going to paint in his favorite colors. 
 It was a nice relaxing hour together!

4 comments:

  1. You have been so busy with all of your projects. I love the mermaid and that beautiful crochet. Well done on identifying that bug, it looks prehistoric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little mermaid I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mermaid and great idea for little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that mermaid!!!! I am in awe.
    Painting those little squares is quite cathartic isn't it? I'm worried I am going to start buying watercolor sets just to paint them. What is that set you have? Those colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLITTING LIKE A BUTTERFLY!

  Here is a great  link   for understanding the stages  of the Monarch butterfly! I transferred the chrysalis into this large jar to await t...