Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sock Blockers on a Budget













Oh, such clever people! I saw this the other day on Craftzine and had to make a pair! Big surprise to me-no wire hangers around! I always kept them in the entryway closet but that is in NY and I am here with all the nice plastic ones...........


My husband hates to part with anything-and sure enough, he had several in the back of the closet! Finders laws apply.....voila'! I had the first one bent into shape in a few minutes but wouldn't you know it, I had to ask for help shaping the second hanger because it was of a heavier gauge than the first one! Husband to the rescue; he even commented on the rarity of wire hangers and the value of these some day-he didn't ask where I got them and I didn't bring it up... Anyway, with just a little effort, I have sock blockers-now all I need to do is get that second skein knit up! (This sock is from Favorite Socks from Interweave Press; it is the Anniversary sock, yarn hand spun on 2.75 needles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...