Friday, September 20, 2013

The In Between Moments

During one of Bill's naps today, I spun up this month's Fiber Club which is Tunis.
What a great fiber!  It was springy because of its Down sheep heritage and has a nice luster from the Lincoln sheep lineage.  
The swatch is very cushiony-I can see a great pair of mittens out of this yarn!
 I wove in the ends and blocked this little girl's sweater I finished last week.  It was a pattern my Mom used to knit for me!  I made it 3/4 length sleeves to be a light transitional season sweater!  It is about a size 18 month.
I finally decided the table runner needed borders!  I just didn't like the edge without it.   Now it is nicely framed and ready to be loaded on the quilting frame!

5 comments:

  1. the yarn looks lovely (but not as nice as the two skeins from yesterday:)! and I love the leafy runner, fits well with the weather we're having just now... funny, dropping leaves always make me feel a bit "christmassy"... (high time to start the gift making!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn. And the baby sweater is gorgeous! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks awesome! Really like that book you're making with the yarn samples and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo, keeping very busy I see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize that sweater pattern...my mom made those for me and for my daughter! ;)

    The table runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS INSIDE AND OUT

Outside, the buddha plants bring the orange to our Fall yards! So many little flowers join  together to make a large bloom. And the ginger a...