Friday, September 20, 2013

The In Between Moments

During one of Bill's naps today, I spun up this month's Fiber Club which is Tunis.
What a great fiber!  It was springy because of its Down sheep heritage and has a nice luster from the Lincoln sheep lineage.  
The swatch is very cushiony-I can see a great pair of mittens out of this yarn!
 I wove in the ends and blocked this little girl's sweater I finished last week.  It was a pattern my Mom used to knit for me!  I made it 3/4 length sleeves to be a light transitional season sweater!  It is about a size 18 month.
I finally decided the table runner needed borders!  I just didn't like the edge without it.   Now it is nicely framed and ready to be loaded on the quilting frame!

5 comments:

  1. the yarn looks lovely (but not as nice as the two skeins from yesterday:)! and I love the leafy runner, fits well with the weather we're having just now... funny, dropping leaves always make me feel a bit "christmassy"... (high time to start the gift making!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn. And the baby sweater is gorgeous! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks awesome! Really like that book you're making with the yarn samples and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo, keeping very busy I see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize that sweater pattern...my mom made those for me and for my daughter! ;)

    The table runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...