Thursday, September 19, 2013

Post Op Progress

 This is what Bill's foot looked like out of surgery.  He came out of anesthesia great this time-a different anesthesiologist helped the situation!
 This was post-op at the doctor's office today.  NO SWELLING!  That drain is doing the trick after the doctor removed the lump that had formed in response to the first surgery!
 His new foot style for the next week when we go back to have the drain removed.  It will be nice to stay home and not drive to St. Augustine every day!  Let's see what I can get done in between keeping Bill on his recliner!
 I have been doing a bit of spinning in between driving Mr Bill and hot tieing caring for him when home...these are the first skeins spun on my Ashford E-Spinner!  There was a learning curve but it is getting easier and I am getting more coordinated at using it.  I now have 700 yards of Cormo fingering weight yarn to put to the needles!
I am working on my second shawl design; I am about to start the edging detail.  This one has worked up much easier and I am enjoying the whole process.  It is good to knit and unwind when I am needing a bit of a recharge through the day!

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery, Mr. Bill! Good looking yarn!! I can't wait to see the finished shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to lots of happy knitting while Dad stays in his chair and naps!

    The new yarn is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news about the foot. Love that green yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some serious business on the foot. So thankful for good news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...