Look who visited! He wasn't too sure about his first tractor ride.
Grandpa turned the motor off and let him play a bit.
Then he was willing to take a ride! Very cute. Ashley and I did quite a bit of sewing; she is learning how to quilt and so we cut out and sewed back together......yup, she is hooked! ( I didn't think to take a picture of the four blocks she got done but we will be sewing again soon so I will do so next time!)
Today, I cooked up a batch of lavender soap. The smell is wonderful-I caught a good picture of the gel phase just working its way through the loaf. The whole thing turns the dark color and then lightens again after it cools.
I have been working on this hat in fingering weight yarn from KnitPicks. It is a pattern from PatternFish. My model is a child's size so the hat is a bit big for her but it fits just right on me!
The chart comes in this shape so you work the repeat 6 times for the hat. The G cleff is optional but I wanted to include it.
Look at the cool pattern in makes when completed! I just love to knit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAT ENHANCEMENT!!!
I bought a newly released knitting machine that is electric--it cranks on its own and even makes however number of rows I program and stops ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Ah, the first tractor ride...a Minota-grandchild milestone!
ReplyDeleteThe hat is very cool! ;)
That is too cute! I have pictures of my nieces and nephew on their Grandpa's tractor. The music hat is really neat! Have a good weekend! I am!
ReplyDeleteThe anonymous comment was mine. I hit the wrong button with my bandage clad finger. "Sigh"
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Yeah, the baby definitely looks unsure in pic 1. The hat is great! Good idea to include the G clefs
ReplyDeletebig toy for a small boy - very cute:) what another few years and he'll want to drive around on his own! and I like the hat, that would be a nice gift for any musician - or music fan!
ReplyDeleteLove the music hat - and before you know it, that wee one will be driving the tractor.
ReplyDeleteThe hat is awesome! You are sooo good!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great hat? Do you play piano?
ReplyDeleteI have my last day with grandson-minding tomorrow -- my only day of having them completely alone from wake up (this morning 6:45 for Older Grandson) till Grandad returns from working all day (about 2:30pm)! Hope I can stay calm!
He really looks like his grandpa.
ReplyDeleteI love the hat. It would make a great gift for musical friends.