Monday, July 7, 2014
TDF Day 2 and 3
I spun almost 4 ounces off and on yesterday and will do the same today. This is the Rambouillet. It contains a LOT more vegetable matter than I think is acceptable (It is from a small farm and local mill not commercially processed). I am losing a lot while spinning but I can still see some in the singles. It is a nice long draw spin, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PIVOT OVERLOAD!
I did manage to applique all of the blocks yesterday-- I use a small (2.0mm) zig zag with invisible thread to secure all of the raw edges. ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Too bad about the vegetation because it is a pretty color.
ReplyDeleteWow! 4 ounces is a lot in one day.
ReplyDeleteHaving washed my fleeces myself this year, I have had to deal with lots of VM also. I've had to keep a lint roller handy. I'm always covered with bits of hay and who knows what else. It's too bad it's so hot and buggy or I'd take the whole mess outside where it belongs. I'm sure breathing this stuff is not a good thing.