Wednesday, October 7, 2026

HAT ENHANCEMENT!!!

I bought a newly released knitting machine that is electric--it cranks on its own and even makes however number of rows I program and stops when that number is reached--incredible!  The machine also is not as fussy about what yarns are used which is nice to reduce the stash of older yarns, too!
In no time, and I do mean minutes, 
I had a double layered adult beanie!
When it is first off the machine, it is a bit wonky looking ....
but a good stretch lengthwise and widthwise lines up those stitches beautifully!
For the next hat, I added some additional rows
 to have a fully reversible had with a fold-up brim.
I like the reversible beanie style for the donation hats I make for the homeless shelters here in Florida because the normal winter only produces chilly not freezing temperatures 
so this style is warm enough.
I like mixing a variegated with a solid yarn for hats.
But solid with stripes on one side is fun, too.
 I need to concentrate on some guy hats since out county has more  homeless men than women in the shelters. 
There is also a need hats for our local boys' home
 so I will start a production line 
to be sure there will be plenty to hand in by Thanksgiving!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HAT ENHANCEMENT!!!

I bought a newly released knitting machine that is electric--it cranks on its own and even makes however number of rows I program and stops ...