Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Puttering



See, proof that I do still knit! This is a pair of slippers from some handspun. The pattern is from the 2007 Knit a Day calendar (Feb 2). I knit and sewed them up with the last 4" of yarn-too close. I left the pom-pom off cuz that is the kind of person I am........

My parents left for NY today, going back now that their winter is drawing to a close. It is the latest that they have ever stayed and we savored every minute of it. I will miss them.


This is what I am currently working on in the sewing room-


it is a queen sized batik quilt. I am machne quilting it on my Inspira frame. It is going good but not as quickly as the small wall hangings--duh! I gave myself the speach I give my daughter when the kids slow down when on a walk-"the journey is more important than the destination"-it is good advice for all of us. I put an audio book on my Zen and it was very relaxing-I am improving with every row! (There are 10 rows and it requires 2 passes for each row) Yes, those are palm trees I am quilting it with-it is still a wonder to be here and so I am not tired of them yet-dont think I ever will be, frankly!

House is cleaned and ready for company-hope some drop by tomorrow..................

2 comments:

  1. Make the pom poms anyway and send them to Bruce & Marsel for their car antennaes. Love the palm tree; no you'll never be sick of them. Must be nice to have a clean house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the suggestion, Jessica, but I think we'll save her the postage and she can just drop them off with you next time she visits. :-)

    The quilting pattern is perfect for that quilt, Mom!!! Can't wait to see it in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...