Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Tribute to Fidelity


In honor of the momentous event of being married for 32 years tomorrow, Bill and I decided to do a bit of beautifying in the yard and we picked this spot right out front.
Bill removed the grass from around the cactus and moved it to bare spots around the front. I cut the weed barrier paper...

We moved the plants in for their positioning

and two hours later we have this-

A fitting monument for our marriage----->flowers and prickles!

(This is the very same cactus that Bill's co-worker gave him a few years ago in NY and it has survived transplanting, drought and insect infiltration and is finally properly displayed! Thanks, Sal!)

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty!!!

    I hadn't realized (or maybe I'd forgotten?!) the cactus's history...very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that marriage is like a rose garden [flowers and thorns] but cacti? LOL
    Congratulations from one who will never quite catch up [30 years last December].

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...