Monday, January 5, 2009

New Family Member

On New Year's Day I got a phone call from someone who drives by our home (and sees the sign for our lost Tom) to offer a kitten to us. We went and got her on friday and she has wormed her way into our hearts already! We have named her Nyki... for new years kitten. I struggled with the offer because I still miss Tom so much but she is helping me look forward and not backward. I have figured out that I will not be replacing Tom (impossible!) but I will be filling the void he has left in my life.

You will be inundated with pics because she is just too cute and 'helpful' to the doings of my day. She helped me finish up the newest Psalm quilt and was even more helpful as I handsewed the binding on!
And knitting takes on a whole new kind of meaning........much more aerobic as I chase, untangle and repair!
Bill installed all 4 of the garage windows. There had been a mix-up on the order and then another and yet another but finally it has worked out-it is so much brighter in there now!
I pulled out these orange crates from the storage garage. They have history! They used to be in my mom's room as a child, I grew up with them-we laid a board across the top and a voile skirt tacked around it to make a vanity and then later a desk...........they served as bed tables for Marsel and now freshly painted they are under my quilting frame as storage units! I did a major overhaul of the sewing room on Saturday-cleaned out junk, tossed old projects and scraps and condensed the treasures into an order that makes them usable again. I love January for cleaning out piles!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to have Nyki join the family. She's adorable!

    I love how Bling is in the orange crate picture -- so typical of him to be in the middle of anything interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Nyki! So much more exercise for you now!! LOL

    Love the re-use of the old crates.

    My parents had a backless wardrobe frame made from a wooden shipping crate with home-made curtains on the front. The matching dressing table was really just a shipping crate covered in more curtain material. I was almost married before they bought an honest-to-goodness bedroom suite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember orange crates and using them for furniture. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...