Friday, January 16, 2009

Not Up to Speed

I am not up to blogging speed lately.........

I have been enjoying my brother and sister-in-law's company, doing some touristy things with them and settling in with Nyki-she didn't like my absences for 5 days in a row! They have flown back to the frozen North and we (Dad , Mom and us) will be settling down to our winter routines which will include working on the additions, sewing and exploring for quilt/fiber shops with good restaurants nearby!

While I have been in the car, this is what I have done-->I have one more pair of Russian boot slippers and I will be moving on to another project-I will have used up the bag of chunky yarn which was the catalyst for this knitathon! (this bag of yarn yielded 5 pairs) I have been doing some spinning again. I have finished filling up this bobbin with the suffolk fiber I had been spinning and today I am going to start the birthday fiber-the mohair first.

When I sit down to the computer, I now have an assistant. She is determined to catch that cursor if it is the last thing she does! Now just how cute is that?! (The funny colored spot on her neck is where the vet had shaved her fur to remove a grub when she was first found-he had to disinfect the area, of course, and the fur would impair the process. It is healed now and the fur is growing back in-soon it won't show at all!)

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Nyki -- so adorable! Tell her all about me so she'll be happy to meet me (and willing to accept my snuggles) next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyki is so cute. Enjoy the winter routine - it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kittens are the cutest things ever - just one furry ball of Attitude! Nyki looks a prime example...
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new kitten looks adorable. Our older cat would just hide under our bed if we were to bring in a young one. He hides under our bed when the grandkids are here. He sometimes growls, but from under the bed since he knows that is a punishable offense.
    When Hannah was about 18 months, and learning animal sounds, she actually thought that a growl was the sound cats make!! Kind of embarassing to let the teacher know it was just Grandma's mean kitty.
    By the way, seeing your spinning and the beautiful yarns and colors is absolutely fascinating. It looks so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...