Saturday, August 1, 2009

Waves and Weaves

My sons and a co-worker came for a day of boating and relaxation. We laughed through Matthew and Caleb's antics while skiing and enjoyed their company as always! When they got too hot they jumped in for a dip to cool off. The water was 88 degrees so it was a pleasure to hit the waves! We went to our usual destination, Corky Bells, for lunch then back to the lake for another bout of skiing. It was a perfect day. (We doused ourselves with sunblock this time and no one looked like a lobster when we were done!)
I did a bit of weaving when they left this evening. The Lion brand ribbon yarn (copper penny dye lot) works up beautifully-it glows with colorful glory! I can't wait to wear this shawl!

For now, the little columns sit here to welcome guests and owners alike!

8 comments:

  1. Love the columns!

    Wow, that is a powerful punch of color - what are you going to do with it? Will we get to see the finished product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a fun day with the guys; the new weaving project is pretty; I love how the columns frame your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow--can't wait to see the finished product---when we come back in the spring. Be sure and stay home this time. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture somehow brought a shark fin to mind for me! Yipes!

    Cool to see what weaving with ribbon yarn looks like!!

    The new columns look great. (And that's a beautiful door, BTW.)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a HUGE lake. I read your post about Buford State Park, and I think you must live close to a friend of mine who lives in Lilburn, Ga.
    Love your coin purses. Very nice.
    Thanks for stopping by Crazy as a Loom, can I interest you in some fabric?
    Kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ribbon shawl is beautiful.

    Your colums sure do look nice especially with the plants on top.

    Water looks cool and inviting. Glad to see everyone's having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front door looks beautiful! :o) And I love the colors for that shawl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's almost like a new place, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...