Monday, January 13, 2014

Knitting Under the Radar


 When a blog friend asks you to knit something for her because she has this idea...I was thrilled to be in on the adventure!  Benita is writing a series of patterns based on the inspiration of geography or travel.
  This is the inside of the sock when I was finished with knitting.  The 'weaving in the ends' thing is a very relaxing part of the process;  the wool holds on to itself and makes a very neat looking inside.
 I put them in to soak, and then laid them out to block!
 The little ends go outside for the birds!
 I placed these on my sock blockers and let them dry. She has the pattern available on her website and on Ravelry as pattern or a kit.  Ramp up your sock skills with this Trip up the Nile sock!!
This is the view from the front.

 Thank you , Benita, for letting me be a part of this adventure!  Where do we go next?!

8 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? I am soooo happy you are along for the journey.

    Let's see... Where to go to next? Let's get to the end of the drive and flip a coin on whether to go right or left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one very interesting and intriguing pair of socks! Putting you ends out for the birds? Waht a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very exotic looking socks - I am sure the knitting was fun! you could combine shadow knitting with socks:) I did a pair for DS, but I have to admit that the griffin on the leg wasn't easy to see - only when you lay them flat out.... what comes next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are so awesome. Were they hard to knit? I
    m tempted to order the kit, and I hate knitting socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the word awesome but can't think of another one to say. The socks are just that AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Fascinating design, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Benita is doing a giveaway of this kit on dyed in the wool. Thats a lot of ends to weave! I would rather win the ones you already knit up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...