Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Some Knitting in Georgia

I cleaned out my daughter's socks and tossed the ones with holes in the heels.  She can't bring herself to do this but I am ruthless.  Toss them and let me make some new ones!  She always wears through at the bottom of the heel.  It has to be something in her anatomy because no matter what yarn or what size needle I knit with, she develops the hole in the same spot.  So, I get to knit often for her-it works for me!
Today is her birthday....how appropriate to shower her with socks...the next pair is already on the needles!

STATS:  The yarn is Cascade Cherub DK which is an acrylic/nylon blend.  It feels like soft cotton.
  I knit toe-up, cast on 12 sts with Judy's magic cast on, increase to 56 stitches and then do something fun up the side of the foot.

She bought this yarn at a LYS closing last year and has been saving it for a pair of socks-just call me the sock fairy!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet girl. Getting new socks is a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday - and I commiserate with her, because I have holes in the same spot:) with me I thought being overweight must be the reason - but I think from the pix that your daughter is very slim - so that can't be the reason at all! maybe we just have odd feet?:) anyway, new socks are nicer than old mended ones - so I am sure she'll be happy with your bounty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love those pink socks. Keep sockknitting! I'm sock knitting more than ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday socks! How fun. I like to see my socks worn through also. It's the only time I don't feel guilty about making more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being my very own sock fairy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being my very own sock fairy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...