Friday, October 28, 2016

Vested Interests

I have started a new vest pattern.  It was written up as a top down pattern.  Piece of cake thought I but it instructed me to knit the back down to the armpit, then picking up the shoulder stitches on one side and knit it down the same point and then the other side.  THEN the whole thing was joined and it will continue to knit down.  It was a bit strange for a while but it is working fine now.  I hope to crank this out pretty quickly-I don't want this one to languish like the last one!
I am using my handspun Jacob wool for this.  It is not as soft as the commercial yarn of the last vest but it will be fine over my t-shirts as planned.
Cables down the front but no other texture so it will move along very quickly-the only other changes will be keeping count of the cable and occasional shaping for the waist.

5 comments:

  1. That reminds me of the Crest of the Wave vest I made a long while back that had lots of crazy directions for something that I thought should have been rather straight forward. After I stopped thinking and just followed the directions it was smooth sailing. It turned out lovely. I need to wear that more now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've knit a few top-down patterns that way - mostly ones with set in sleeves (which are added on later using short rows). They aren't bad, one you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty classic wooly yarn! Love the vest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it will be a pretty snuggly vest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First a green one, then a brown one... that's such a shocker... :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...