Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Hail to the Red/White 'n Blue

 I found some appropriate colored skeins and whipped off these little blocks yesterday.
The name of the block is the Sunburst Granny Square.
You can add lots of rows of granny stitch around this block but I just love the center when it transitions from round to square!
This will make a little lap robe for the senior center.
Enjoy your family time today remembering the cost so many paid to make this birth of a nation possible.
The cost not just in lives but in ideas and the courage to bring them about.

6 comments:

  1. Cute blocks and for a good cause.

    There just might be some patriotic socks on MY needles today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop!!! You are making me want to start a hooky project! I love a good granny square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day!

    The sunburst granny blocks are wonderful: I don't think I've seen that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that circle/square. Yes, let's honor all Americans Past and present for their sacrifices. it is our 241 st bday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to love about red, white, and blue projects?! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...