I've slowly been putting the wrought iron bench back together.
The boards had rotted right out and so I took the opportunity to paint it (taupe and spots of green for a faux weathering look).
Bill cut new boards for me today.
Now to stain and seal them .
Then we will have to drill the bolt holes in each one
so we can secure them in place!
Did I mention it is a slow project!?!
As for the restoration-I have had these hooked rugs
my Gram made from the 1960's and 70's.
Due to a cat indiscretion, I had took the opportunity to do some maintenance on them and give them a right proper bath!
I washed them in the tub and said farewell to some vintage dirt! lol
After washing and rinsing until clear,
I spun them in the washer
and hung them over the pole of my quilting frame to dry!
It was back breaking work
but oh-so-worth-it to have them bright and clear again!
(The discolorations in this rug are variations of yarn and not cat stains!)
This one has had a hole in the center for ages.
After washing, even as careful as I was,
the hole is larger and another one showed up nearby.
I have a plan!
I have some fabric to back it under the holes
which I will hand sew in place.
Then, if I can find some matching Aunt Lydia's rug yarn
which is what my grandmother used,
I will hook in the gaps to set is all to rights again!