Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Motivation














I said I was done spinning boring ol' white wool.........I have to eat those words!.....Why? Just look at the results of the skein from the dyeing board! It is incredible and if I have to spin boring to get this, I am willing to do it!

The yarn unwound without a single tangle-every step of the process was worth results like these!


The roving always looks so abused after dyeing-looks how beautiful it becomes after a bit of drafting (pulling the fibers apart along thier length just a bit to fluff it up again). A nice visual and it is all ready to spin now! (Except I am spinning some more blank wool first so I can dye again!)

2 comments:

  1. You resisted for a while, but it sounds like the bug has bitten you hard!

    The yarn is so pretty...I am anxiously awaiting my new Mediterranean-vineyard socks...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures don't do it justice how beautiful the colors came out.I have witnessed it in person and it is a work of art and to be appreciated The Husband

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...