Monday, February 4, 2008

A VEST WITH SLEEVES!


I have had a request from my Grandson to make him a vest but this time he wants sleeves! I have spun and knitted several vests for him in years past so I love his way of asking for a sweater this time! This yarn is Ashland Bay blue corriedale fiber, spun worsted weight; the red is some camel fiber leftover from a previous project. Good thing I broke up the stockinette with the stripes 'cuz I just barely made the last sleeve with only a yard of yarn left! This is a pattern I made from The Sweater Wizard program which I love because it allows me to plug in a growing child's measurements and get perfection every time! I love to knit from the top down without seams-so it was a dream to knit this-now I am looking forward to a visit soon so I can share it with him!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's gorgeous! He is going to look wonderful in it, with his deep blue eyes!

    We can't wait to see the 'vest with sleeves' in person...and we're even more excited about seeing its maker! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. That red really adds a little extra punch, doesn't it? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual Cindy you did a fantastic job. Hope you all are enjoying life and Florida! I know the grandkids need the sweaters more than you or Bill!!!
    The Wards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vest, but I hve a totally different question! I'm a friend of Marsel's from Chicago and I am so perplexed about how to mend my son's knees in his pants! I know you had 2 young boys with the same problem years ago and was wondering if you have any tips on the best way to bend worn out knees without looking like you just sewed a patch on them! The more I mend, the more it seems to weaken the fabric! HELP!!! I know you are an amazing seemstress so I figure you'd be the best one to consult! My email is griffinfamily1998@yahoo.com...I know Marsel's coming in soon so I don't need to know anything right away! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...