Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spinners (dominoes not wheels!)

This is a new-to-us game called Spinners. It is a domino game that only includes the math when you have to add up your tiles at the end of each hand. We had a lot of fun but generally need little reason to share laughs in our family!


Little sister and family left this morning. My daughter and hers left yesterday...goodbyes are so hard.


But......hellos are nice and I have one today from my youngest son. I hit the cooking trail-big dinner, cookies and rolls are all standard visit fare for him. I don't love kitchen duties but I do love to do what pleases my guys and like their father, food is important! At least in this home, the kitchen is open to the living area so I am not cut-off from the visit while I am cooking-makes kitchen-time family-time, too, and that I love!


As far as handwork goes, this is what I knit in the few spare moments over the past week or so. It is the hand spun merino/silk blend and it is the first in a pair of socks. It is a nice pattern but just enough counting so that I can't knit while in a crowd! I didn't mind less time knitting when I could replace it with family time.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, family first! Laughter a necessity!! Collecting memories!
    All worth missing a little knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for our wonderful visit -- the goodbyes stink every time, but even they are worth the together-time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks! Going to check out spunky now! She is the designer of my Noro More Stripes Vest. KC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...