Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WOODWORKING


I mention my neighbors when I talk about their goats, but the mister is a master woodworker, too, and he has offered to be my teacher whenever I want. I took him up on the offer and had a wonderful day and learned so much! We are both strong-willed creative people and so had to find the place where I could share my vision enough for him to make it happen but we did it! Has anyone played this game-Wahoo is the name; when I googled it, I learned that it originated in the hills of Ky/Tn. It was brought to my rememberance when I recently read a book about the Amish and they mentioned playing this and it woke up a long ago memory. I called Mom and she said the game we played so much in my growing-up and teen years was still there but the original marbles had been scattered. She brought the board down to FL and we have been having a blast playing it. (I purchased some marbles from EBAY) After a day with some serious router work, I now have my own masterpiece!

1 comment:

  1. Doubly fun to play now -- the fun of the game and the satisfaction of your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...