Tuesday, February 12, 2008

REMODELING

Bill has been working for 3 weeks now to overhaul a small trailer just a few miles away that we also own to get it ready for another northerner to winter here. (The northerner is Jim Millis who is a fellow NiMoBro, retired and likes to escape the winters of Tully , NY.) I was ready to torch the building but Bill has perservered and it is finally looking good. I am usually the one with vision about these things but he has really surprised me this time in a good way! It just needs a good coat of Sherwin Williams paint (2 sons work for them!) on the outside and it is finished.


Here is the promised picture of the trailer......


This is the trailer side yard........see the pretty azaleas-a whole hedge of them-beautiful!


I will add a picture later in the day-I discovered about myself that I am more visual than I thought-I don't want to read other blogs without pictures and I don't want to post on mine without one either.....

Which leads me to what I have been doing in between cleaning and scrubbing and organizing over at the trailer (sorry, folks, but since it is a 1949 model it is not a mobile home-it is a trailer!)
I have been sewing on the State of Grace quilt-60 of the 80 blocks are now made (see prev post with Tom sitting on it). Yesterday I worked on these souvenior T- shirts; we are not in a tourist area and they do not sell shirts with a logo for our small communities around here so Mom bought the shirts and I logo-ed them for my neices who are arriving Saturday afternoon , if all goes according to plan, and they will be able to go home with official 'I have been to Florida' t-shirts!

SHHHHHHH! DON'T TELL THE GIRLS, IT IS A SURPRISE!

1 comment:

  1. The shirts came out great! The girls will love them.

    Can't wait to see you all soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...