Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fiber Connections

One of the neat things about fiber is the way it connects you to people you wouldn't normally know. I belong to a fiber group on Yahoo which has been a wonderful source of information and encouragement to me. A member asked for volunteers to spin up some fiber she is selling on her Etsy site. I jumped right in-since I already card, dye and spin and am an opinionated person-I thought I could help give her the feedback she wanted!
My packaged batt arrived from Norway on Friday. Isn't the color delicious? It is called Plum Blush.
I opened it up and had to decide how to use the fibers for spinning. Since I couldn't make up my mind, I pulled the batt in half and did it both ways!


I then spun up my little piles of rovings............each half batt on their own bobbin.
When plied, I had a lovely little skein of yarn.
I have sent in my evaluation and now I have the beads picked out and the pattern to make a beaded necklace-another project for Mom and I to tackle this week!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Glad you got the chance to participate in the 'testing'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty though not being a spinner I kind of missed the 'both ways' thing!

    Was it a good evaluation? It looks good but did it spin easily and did it knit well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty color. Almost makes me want to learn to knit. There's a quilt fabric and yarn shop in North Syracuse that tests my fortitude every time I go in. Fabric is still winning but only just.
    Have you tried any of the ribbon yarns?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...