After they left, I did some spinning in the backyard-the wind was chilly but in the nook by the back door it was very nice. I caught up on my knitting podcasts and spun a bobbin full of the new fiber.
I got a bit sunkissed so went in to do some carding. I have had this idea to make the superwash sock fiber even more durable by adding some nylon fiber. So, I carded up my superwash wool roving with some of the nylon roving after a little bit of math and some weighing-I wanted an 80/20 mix found in most sock yarns. It carded up well and I have some beautiful batts to show for my work-just one batt to go!
I did finish Abigail's vest-even sewed the zipper in! I lengthened the vest by an inch and therefore didn't have enough yarn left to sew it together but I know the extra length was needed and now it will fit again next year, too! (One nice part of having a yarn stash is that I only had to paw through 2 bins to find a 'close enough' match to finish sewing it up!)