Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home Stuff

It was nice to have a stay at home day today-they seem so be on a short commodity lately. 
The screen part of the pool area is finished and the painting of the deck has begun!  It is going to be good to have the work done and the planting under way!    The unpainted rim will be the color of the house-beige.
I did a bit of sewing today.  Satin pillowcases for a son who asked for them.
Finished the weaving of two more plastic bag totes.  Then sewed them up.
I have the urge to try something completely different on the loom-a doubleweave  wool blanket is whispering to me.  The latest issue of HandWoven has provided the inspiration along with this pile of wool!
While visiting a friend on Saturday, we made some jewelry.  So much fun to craft with a friend!
Bill and I stopped at our local nursery and bought some plants for the pool area.  Can't wait to get them in their pots!
Isn't this desert rose a beauty!
And if you look closely to the leaves I planted a few weeks ago, there is a baby coming up!  Hooray!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a visually-delicious post!

    The pool looks even more 'wow' with the color around it...and Bling coordinates nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all looks very tropical to me - perfect for a pool, esp. with a bit of lush greenery around it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pool area is getting nicer all the time. So, have any of the cats accidentally taken a plunge?

    I love the tote bags. Speak of which, I have another box of bags building up. Lots of cool colors - less white this time.

    Satin pillowcases? Doesn't your head keep sliding off those things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have a day at home to get things done sometimes?

    The pool looks fantastic. Love the plants you've chosen too!

    Great work on the tote bags and jewelry! Doubleweave must be in the air right now. I have a doubleweave warp sitting on top of my loom. It's just a boring sample to see how it works....but I've seen some beautiful items at guild meetings. Look forward to whatever you come up with!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pool is looking fabulous and the plants are so cheery and colourful.

    Our weather is turning cold. Last night was just 3*C (37*F) but the day itself was a cheerful 20*C (68*F). Not bad two weeks from winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not been on your blog for a few weeks so have just had a good read. Wow, your pool is gorgeous and I am so jealous! Your plants all look so exotic and tropical, and your fruit is so much earlier than ours. You have been busy.

    After all that hard work it must be lovely to be able to use the pool area and relax. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pool looks so inviting!!!

    I love the colors of your plants, pink and orange.

    Your bags as usual are so cool.

    Crafting with friends. Doesn't get any better than that and you ended up with some realy cute jewelry to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...