Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Sewing Buddy


I had a sewing day today!  A friend ,who is a long time sewist but a relatively new quilter, requested a quilt from QuiltsforKids.org and so we made them together!  Talk about a quilt in a day!
She even did quilting on the frame like she has been doing it for years!  I love it when quilting talents are uncovered and refined!
While waiting for the yarn to arrive to finish one lace shawl, I finally finished another, the Luna Limberlost from MMario (an online designer Yahoo Group).
See the moth?  Nyki loves this shawl and was determined not to let it out of her reach!
I knit this from Shimmer, a merino/silk blend from KnitPicks.
Bill and I planted the first two bougainvillea outside the guestroom window.  I will be constructing a modular bamboo trellis to arch the window.  (I see it very clearly in my mind!)
We also planted a row of African Iris in the pool area.  These will be the background greenery for the tropical flowers that will fill the front of this area.  (The wastebasket is under the downspout to catch the rainwater of yesterday's downpour since the work isn't finished on the rain troughs yet!)
The minute the rains stop, we can see the evidence of the dousing-the plants all smile their appreciation!

5 comments:

  1. So exciting to see plants in the pool area -- another longtime 'in our mind's eye' dream realized!!!

    Glad you and Sandy could 'play' together so nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to have a quilting buddy. Pray that I will find one. I love quilting, but it is so much more fun when done with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day of quilting! The shawl looks wonderful. I'm a big fan of turquoise:) Loving the flowers and the cover over your pool! Oh My am I envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you come and help me with my quilting? I've lost my desire somewhere and there are dozens of piecies that need piecing! Why did I let DD talk me into this? LOL

    Be careful those bougainvilleas don't take over! They're aggressive and sharp (but I'm sure you knwo that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has to be so nice to see all the work you have done to your house and property start to come to gether enough to be adding such finishing touches as landscape. It has been very enjoyable watching and reading about it all. You have a place to be proud of and to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...