Monday, June 14, 2010

Oh, Yeah.....

I had a lot of help this afternoon.  I was so close to finishing the binding but how do you wake up a tuckered out kitty?!
Here it is on the bed and I am sure I will sleep better knowing that color is all around me!
I will try to get a pic with Bill holding it up tomorrow but it is big so I don't know if that will work this time!  (King-sized!)
I wound a warp this afternoon.........I wound each ball of yarn until it was gone.  What freedom not to have to count!  I did have a plan for the color arrangement but that was based on how many skeins of each color so that was easy, too.
The warp went right onto the loom-I did learn the meaning of the phrase 'sticky warp'.  This single ply yarn really loved on its neighbors!
  I finally tired out my helper and got so much more done when I did!
This was going to be the double weave project but I did not have enough yarn to do that so I am just weaving up the Malabrigo because it will be pretty.  Nice to weave without constraints or restraints. (This will be the perfect project for having a house full of family-yup, soon my quiet haven will be full of visiting children! )
I had a nice conversation with this guy on the way back from getting my mail.  He was eating weeds so is a very welcome guest.  (Gopher turtle)
The front yard is full of color like this!  So nice to have hibiscus back in the garden.

8 comments:

  1. PD is at that cute bat-ears stage...seems like just yesterday Nyki looked like that!

    The quilt is gorgeous, even in a picture. In just a couple of days, your house will be full of many large-wingspanned people and then you can get a 'big' picture of it! :)

    Glad to see your bed is all in one piece again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt came out great, it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I miss seeing a sleeping kitty. I remember Neil when he looked like that. They play so hard, then sleep even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, poor Puff Daddy, being tuckered out by his mama.

    You certainly have some interesting visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks awesome, just beautful, I love the sleeping kitty I wish I could just curl up next to her and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying to myself... One of these days, One of these days, I will try to make a beautiful quilt like my friend in FL does:) Mind, I have never made a quilt before and I'm sure mine would look like something Miss Kitty drug into her 'kitty cave', aka the Jap. Maple off our front porch....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is really fabulous. Good weaving project, looks almost soothing. Not that I know from weaving. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is gorgeous!!

    (no need to comment on the kitty, who already knows exactly who is the top of the Cuteness heap...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...