Monday, November 8, 2010

Ta Da-A Backpack!

I finally got to the store to get the hardware to finish the backpack!  It went together very nicely once I had the right accessories. 
 So, from this..........woven yardage of hand painted cotton yarn and gold perle cotton weft.
 ........... to this!   I am so pleased with the results!  It is almost enough to make me want to go on a hike!
(Actually, it is going to hold my knitting -you really didn't think I was going to take up hiking, did you?!)
                                                
  The lining is cotton fabric from my stash.  There are two inner pockets.  I used a backpack pattern from See & Sew B4583.  I could have woven the straps but I opted to go with nylon webbing this time.  I would definitely make another one-I would make more fabric this time but it was fun to squeeze the pieces to get them all cut out-you know, the thrill of it all!  My Gram would have been proud of me!

5 comments:

  1. It's AMAZING! & Beautiful! Job well done!What a granola girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that turned out great - though some of the lovely fabric patterns got lost... you can always combine knitting and hiking - go to a favourite spot with your backpack and take out the needles:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. And such nice detailing with the little tab and button. It is a great-looking backpack and it's going to be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the back pack. Are lined knitting bags next???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...