Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Jamboree

Bill and I went to Pioneer Settlement just a half hour south of us.  We enjoyed the sunshine and chilly temperatures and all the crafts displayed at booths.  They had lots of reenactment areas and of course, my favorites were the spinning, weaving and dyeing areas! 
We did enjoy the corn on the cob  where they boiled the corn in this big cauldron.  The warmth was appreciated, too!  (We have a cold snap pushing through and it was only 60F!)
I learned of a group of fiber enthusiasts that meet monthly at the Settlement and I will be joining them in a few weeks!  This was my goal for going-to find other women who want to explore spinning and weaving. 

I also discovered the joy of the indigo dye pot and have plans to grow some of my own next Spring!  Nice place to savor the then and now of fibers!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day for you to head out. Oh poor you only 60...lol. Sad to say it is a lot colder here..ugh!!
    Nice to meet some more people with the same hobby. I am sure you are going to really enjoy there company and ideas. I belong to 3 quilt guilds and enjoy there company..when I can get there. Always seems to be something going on since this year started. Hopefully next month.
    Hope it warms up for you soon..Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm glad you found some new fiber friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...