The birthday quilt is finished! I washed it to give it that vintage look I love.
I quilted it with dragonflies!
I haven't done any spinning since the Tour de Fleece so it was time to add that to the mix. I dug out some Shetland roving and began to spin. Can you say spinning perfection!
I filled up my two bobbins with long draw spinning......complete relaxation on a spool.
I am in the process of plying them onto the larger bobbin to get a good sized skein!
One rainbow sock off the needles and the second well under way!
I have had this table runner on my mind for a while. I put it together finally!
And added a touch of Autumn to the mix. I ironed these into place and then used invisible thread in a tiny zig zag to secure them since I will be washing this.
It is loaded on the frame and waiting for my inspiration to strike! I am going to do this one free motion instead of a pantograph since I will want to make the appliques stand out a bit in relief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS
I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday; I even came home with some 'homework'! This is a pile of 3 1/2...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
The table runner came out just perfect! With the state that your table decorations get into whenever we all come and visit...it's a good thing you're making it washable. :)
ReplyDeleteYou truly are a Proverbs 31 woman and a continual inspiration to me!
ReplyDelete