The birthday quilt was delivered at the Florida country style party! The day was very hot but the swimmers enjoyed it!
Bill's foot is swelling again from the sernoma and so he did a lot of sitting it out instead of joining in the fun!
When we got home later in the afternoon, I finished plying the Shetland singles.
And wound off a beautiful skein of 376 yards of perfectly balanced yarn! I am not bragging-it is a surprise to me when you get the twists to perfectly cancel each other out and the skein hangs evenly like this!
The is the first of many skeins I will be pulling from this pound of fiber! I will begin on the next tomorrow!
Does a watched box of soap harden faster.........? I am going to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS
I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday; I even came home with some 'homework'! This is a pile of 3 1/2...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Wow! Look at the sheen on that Shetland! Oh, what a lovely lace shawl that's going to be. Beautiful Shetland. I'll tell the lady it came from so she can see it, too.
ReplyDeletePoor Bill. At least he had some shade to sit under.
How long does soap have to be in the mold before you take it out and slice it?
What a pretty hue on that yarn -- it reminds me of granite.
ReplyDeleteThe soap brick is very cool!
Poor Bill. Has the situation with his foot changed now?
ReplyDelete