Saturday, August 3, 2013

Beachside with the C's!


Sock knitting on the way to Caleb and Cassandra's house at the beach.  I have a new heel gusset to try on my toe-up socks-it worked!
 While the guys took off to do some beach fishing, Cassandra and Ella and I went to the new JoAnn's by her.......oh, to have a store that close to me!  We bought this fabric for the two window valances in Ella's room
And this fabric for the lined curtains.  Cassandra woke up her latent sewing skills and we had a great time!  I left her with homework!
 We all stopped for a lunch at a local burger joint-delicious!  And my son was excited to get me to try his sweet potato fries and I liked them!  (He was a fussy eater and it was always work to get him to try new foods-we have come full circle!)
Ella loves the beach-put her down and she just creeps around exploring and 'sampling' all the shells!
Both Caleb and Bill caught a 24" shark!  A very good fight for a little guy.  He has a full set of needle sharp teeth!
Caleb and Ella enjoy the gentle surf.......
 Sunset reflection painted the sky over the beach....
Sunset over the dunes and sea oats.
Stormie was not happy we were gone all day!  Isn't she cute!

6 comments:

  1. Ella looks a very happy baby - love the fat rolls. She'd be so much fun to play with.

    Awww... Cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post -- so many gorgeous pictures of fabric and beach and beautiful Ella...and ending with a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your family time. Regarding the indigo plant, does it do well with container planting? How much dye can be made with one plant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn wants to know if u kept the shark and also if that was caught at the beach where he swims?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like another wonderful family day.

    What's the new heel?

    In case you're wondering, it's been cold and miserable and I've been avoiding cleaning up my sewing room which has become a disaster area in six weeks of not sewing! I have to catch up on blogs some time, so I'm curled up under our first quilt using my iPad and WM is watching football (rugby league) with his headphones on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...