Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tourists


We drove to Orlando to visit The Holy Land Experience.  You know how it is, you need company to get you to visit things in your own backyard!





It is a nice blend of beautiful landscape/flowers etc.

Historical lectures..... while viewing a model of Jerusalem.  We weren't allowed to photograph many of the exhibits unfortunately!  But we were thoroughly edified by the many subjects.


Dramatic recreations.

                                    


The guys were guys.......


And the pleasure of each other's company made the day perfect!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day. We'd like to sign up for the next tour!

    I especially love the rainbow picture, of course.

    (On a side note, I don't know if I've ever seen Pastor B.'s knees before!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on Marsel's comment about the Pastor's knees. :)
    I have only heard report from one other family that visited the Holy Land Experience - in a blinding rain storm. :( You at least has a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing, Marsel don't know if I've seen him in shorts either! Looks like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting.

    A local church does the "Bethlehem Experience" for one week just before Christmas each year [it's summer here]. The set covers about 1/2acre and has about 120 live actors [volunteers] reproducing what Bethlehem would have been like on that Holy Night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day! It looks so warm and sunny there!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you visited the park it's a really great place and very informative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...